Slow-cooked salmon with parsley and capers

How many times did you find yourself wishing for longer days, slow passing weeks, lingering months and years...?
I bet you did it many times. Look outside. It is Fall again! From my window, this grey, rainy afternoon brightens up beautifully by the contrast of a tree already painted in orange and red. That is what make it worth it.

Time is the command in chief of our lives and even though I have learned to look at it in a positive way, which actually lead me to accomplish more, there are moments, still, when I scream out loud "Stop! How am I suppose to do all these things while you, Mr. Time, are becoming shorter and passing at the speed of light?!".
That is the life I have been living for the last couple of months - a running against Mr. Time. Please, do not read this as a complaint. I am happy! It is good, so good, to be back to school and into a system that, actually, values you as a thinker. The only thing I miss is to be the ruler of my time instead of letting it rule me. But that is graduate school.

Anyway, the not so bright side of this life is that I am having no opportunity to be in the kitchen, at least for cooking elaborated meals! I miss it dearly (looking forward to Thanksgiving!), as I miss to write here! However, my "cooking library" has plenty of fast, delicious solutions for lives against the clock. Today,  I had enough of running, and I decided to share with you one of the recipes that has made dinner several times in the last weeks because it is absolutely delicious and incredibly fast - slow cooked salmon with parsley and capers. This recipe is from Chef Jean Georges Vongerichten and it is already a favorite at our table. So here it goes, for 4 people.

Pre-heat the oven to 300ºF. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter over a baking sheet and place in it 4 6-ounce center-cut salmon fillets, 1 and 1/4 inch thick. If you are using fillets with skin, make sure they are scaled and place the fillets skin side up in the baking sheet. Put them in the oven.

Check the fillets after 12 minutes. The skin (if any), should come off easily and the meat should be flaky. The salmon may look underdone but it is not. If you prefer well done fish (NO!!!), you may return it to the oven 3 minutes more.

Remove the skin from each fillet (if that is the case and if you so desire), sprinkle with salt, freshly ground pepper, 2 tablespoons of chopped capers, 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive-oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon. Serve it with roasted vegetables or other side you prefer.



The combination of flavors is just fantastic - a balanced combination of freshness and acidity. The flavors paired with the time needed to have a delicious dinner make it perfect for a weeknight dinner.

Let the clock run. Run with it, eat well, learn every day, look up and allow yourself to be happy.

Happy cooking and bon appetit!!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Garibaldi Biscuit

Chocolate Macaron With Salted Caramel

Fried Shrimp Balls